Thursday, February 1, 2024

Asleep Among Endives


I feel heartbroken that I have people who care about me that I feel like I can't engage with and tell them everything that's going on in my head. 

I sometimes get facebook memories of text conversations I printscreened and uploaded to save reminders to save as evidence, and a small hope that maybe my circumstances would be different when it comes back to me in a Facebook Memory. For the past few years, it became a reminder of how much hasn't changed. My circumstances are very different now, I'm free from a lead that I blame for much of my weakness. I look back at the times friends urged me to go to police about events. I've never had the conviction to stand up for myself. "Why bother."

I envy people who appear to be embracing life, and the world.
I struggle with seeking any help. I can't even bring myself to book an appointment to get my glasses updated. Even though they embarrass me to wear cause they're visibly damaged, I cannot muster some sort of courage or strength to go and get them updated. I couldn't defend myself from accusations. It feels like an opinion is made, no one is curious about my side. I want to say, "has anyone ever asked my side??". People like my friends have. Who have known about my struggles for years. They want to help. But I can't, and I don't know why. I wish I could move, I have the ability to move my limbs, I know I do, but I won't. I don't know why. 

I have the capacity no. I don't have an excuse not to. And yet, I still can't at the same time. 
I don't know if it's because I've been this way for so long it just feel safer within myself to turn to stone, let gentle lichen grow on the body I hate.

This doesn't make sense anymore. I thought I'd do some stream of consciousness to help me figure out how I feel.

I wish I were a cinderblock. Standing at the end of a dark wooden pier pointing to the centre of a lake.
I'd move my stone body over the ledge. Soothing dark, crystal water. 
Not really. I'd be imagining it, unblinking. I'll drag myself home, thinking about the water and the calm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment