Friday, June 14, 2024

Confide in Me

 Lots of music video inspo this year. I had the idea jotted down in my sketchbook to do stylised drawings of all of Kylie's different appearances in the video clip for Confide in Me.
I'm trying not to be too hard on myself for how this turned out. I keep wanting everything to look amazing, but I end up feeling so disappointed with how it takes shape. I think I need to focus on figure drawing and speed sketches. I'm so concerned about how long it takes me to draw anything, so I think I need to try focusing on speed.

in redbubble news, I saw the list of affiliate IPs for fanart had been updated - it now lists Assassin's Creed! I fixed up and made adjustments and resizes to some old Ezio pixels I did years ago. Uploaded, tagged and awaiting approval. Hopefully it brings a bit of attention to my store!

I need to work on some designs to add...

I've had a sketch for Unown designs for a Pokemon Gold and Silver poster I've been wanting to do. I think I came up with the sketches while procrastinating on working on the wedding invite stuff? Well, i'm putting a pin in those designs. Only working on printable stuff. Because. Anything I upload to redbubble, especially if its fanart, I wave the rights to. I'm the creator but not the owner anymore. I'm really attached to these Unown designs so.... I'm going to keep them as mine haha. If I reach a point where I want to print and sell my own stuff, that's when I might bust them out. In the meantime, I have to build my portfolio of designs. In the coming weeks I have to work on self-promo things. bleh. embarrassing and cringe.


Recap of where I am:

Tumblr - the showoff blog, has the most regular updates.
Cara - doodles and sketches, with the occasional thing I'm proud of. Maybe to promote work? Maybe I should network?


Where I should establish:

Facebook? - I'd be able to share updates with people who I know by sharing updates to my personal profile. Then again, I'd just be making a facebook page to avoid spamming my personal contacts, so what's the point. gosh i dunno, again this is the embarrassing part. 
Insta? - The data scraping with no opt-out option is very concerning. Maybe if/once they allow for opt-out I will reconsider. 

I've been mentally prepping and forcing myself to understand that once I upload an image ANYWHERE, that its use is out of my hands. I can't control its use, so I have to emotionally let go of what I create. It's still mine, but not entirely anymore. That will change if I print my own, but for now in the self-promo phase, I will make these loose designs. Unfortunately this also means, I don't LOVE the designs I've got out there. My redbubble is going to feel so mid. I'm so fucking poor right now though so I have to aim for the cents not dollars yet, work my way up. 

I've not sold anything on my redbubble yet. Why? Because I haven't advertised anything lol. I keep hoping that the people who like the maneki designs will somehow discover them organically. It doesn't really work that way though does it.

No comments:

Post a Comment